R 1 840.00
Drop of Time
Whale Viewing Tour
· We travel to Hermanus, which is a one and half hour drive from Cape Town .The drive is on the cost of Indian Ocean with amazing scenery views. There is no extra price
Where is the best place to see the whales?
South Africa undoubtedly has the best land-based viewings of these beautiful creatures frolicking in the water only metres away. Following the Whale Route, on South Africa’s West Coast and East Coast, is the scenic way to see the whales, while meandering through small towns full of charm. Here are some of our favourite whale viewing places:
Hermanus, the whale capital, was ranked in the top 12 whale watching locations in the world by the World Wildlife Fund. Only a two hour drive from Cape Town, this little town is the heart of the Whale Route. Watch as whales come within metres of the shores, and join in on the festivities of the annual Hermanus Whale Festival. Great viewings can be had from terraces such as Old Harbour and Gearing Point and other great spots include Gansbaai, Grootbos Nature Reserve, Dreunkrans, Siever’s Point, VoelKlip and Grotto beaches.
Please Note that all our Tour prices do NOT include Entrance Fees.
- Hermanus central sighting
Terms and Conditions:
- Cancellations 60-30 days prior to commencement of services: 25% cancellation fee
- Cancellations 29-20 days prior to commencement of services: 50% cancellation fee
- Cancellations 19-10 days prior to commencement of services: 75% cancellation fee
- Cancellations 9-0 days prior to commencement of services: 100% cancellation fee
Cancellations should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All confirmed bookings will automatically incur a 10% non refundable admin fee for any cancellations received.